Archive for August, 2009|Monthly archive page
Today I needed to add and update the copyrights in a large codebase. I realized that there must be some tool to do this inside Eclipse. Sure enough, the Release Engineering folks have such a script.
To download it:
- Select Help / Software Updates / Available Software, choose Eclipse Project Updates / Eclipse SDK I2008* / Eclipse Releng Tools.
- (I’m using Eclipse 3.4.2, so 3.5 users may find it elsewhere.)
- Install this tool and restart.
To use the tool:
- Configure your copyright settings under Window / Preferences / Copyright Tool.
- Change to Resource Perspective
- Select the projects you wish to modify, and select the “Advanced Fix Copyrights” context menu.
Note: There is also a “Fix Copyrights…” menu option but this never worked and I’m not sure what it is for.