Recommendations for UML tool for Eclipse?
I’ve been searching the web this morning looking for an easy to use UML tool that I can use inside Eclipse.
There are quite a few on Eclipse Marketplace. Before I narrow down my list, I thought I would ask the community for recommendations.
The use case is that I am reading through a very large code base (millions of LOC) and need to document some key interactions with sequence diagrams.
- Sequence diagrams are top priority
- Class diagrams are second priority.
- I want to create a conceptual diagrams. For example, I want to quickly pick and choose which object interactions to show in the sequence diagram. Or which attributes and methods to show in the class diagrams.
- I definitely don’t want to have to populate a full UML2 model.
- It needs to be easy and quick to create a sequence diagram. I stopped using Visio years ago because it took forever to populate and lay everything out.
- It needs to output some format that I can post to a webpage such as png.
- It needs to be $0-$100.
What tools do you like and why?