Archive for the ‘e4’ Tag
Did a little research today on Online IDEs. I’ve been thinking a bit how this would change the developer workflow– continuous integration, common build targets, continuous deployment,etc. Still revising my thoughts.
Thought it useful to share links I’ve found interesting. (And helpful to me later). Will update as I find more.
- dz: Who needs an online IDE? by Zviki Cohen
- We don’t need an online IDE, S. Arbogast. Discusses how we don’t need to port existing IDEs to the web. We need to rethink workflow and collaboration. Thoughtful. Extends some thoughts I’ve been having.
- Eclipse e4 – Evangelism page. Many useful links
- Kodingen.com – looks promising.
- devUnity. Code Collaboration using Google Wave. No useful info. Been ‘coming soon’ for awhile.
Future of IDEs (Not Necessarily Web Based IDE)
- Skywriter Overview, lots of docs, links to developer resources
- Skywriter/Bespin trial.
- Video demo.
- Bespin article with interesting commentary from Bespin Product Mgr