Using JSDT #2 : Run First Project
- I compiled some JSDT resources.
- Unzip the download into a suitable location. For simplicity, I unzipped into c:/jsdt.
Starting the product
- Navigate into c:/jsdt/eclipse and double-click eclipse.exe to start the product.
(I’m using Windows. The process is different but close enough that a user smart enough to use a different OS can figure it out.)
- The first screen prompts you for a workspace. I changed to default to c:/workspaces/html5. Hit OK.
Create HTML project
Now we’ll create a very simple static HTML page.
- Select File – New – Static Web Project, and you should see this dialog:
- Name the project simple and hit Finish.
- Now select the simple project and right-click. Select New – Html File:
- Name the html file simple.html:
- Hit finish.
- Double click on simple.html to open it in the editor. Change the title to “Simple Title” and enter “Simple” into the body. Save it.
Test it inside Eclipse
Now we’ll test Simple using server and browser provided by Eclipse.
- Right Click simple.html and select Run As – Run on Server:
- This will bring up this dialog. Accept the defaults and hit Finish.
- This will start a jetty server and open a browser view. You should see the “Simple” page in the browser.